Advanced Ecological Monitoring Program
The Advanced Ecological Monitoring program is a prestigious recognition card for those students who are able to complete all of our research course and show an exceptional level of skill in performing reef surveys. This card recognizes your commitment to coral reef monitoring and research, and takes several weeks to achieve.
- Be certified as an advanced diver under a leading diving organization (PADI, SSI, etc) (must include at least 1 deep dive)
- Demonstrate proper diving ability at an Advanced Level and be proficient in buoyancy and self-awareness.
- Be certified in the Ecological Monitoring Program
- Complete the certifications for the following courses:
- Coral Taxonomy and Identification
- Marine Plants and Microorganisms
- Coral Health and Mortality
- Lionfish Removal and Invasion Studies
- Shark Ecology and Population Studies
- Be proficient in various survey techniques used by reef managers to monitor coral reef ecosystems
- Attend all knowledge development presentations included in the courses listed above
- Read and complete the chapter reviews for all chapters of the Ecological Monitoring Program Manual
- Complete and pass all the written exams for the courses listed above
- Perform a ‘full EMP,’ showing proficiency in assessing coral health and disease and coral identification
- Enter data onto data sheets or into the online database
Expected Course Time: Student completing the Advanced Ecological Monitoring Program course will usually do so over a number of weeks or part of a internship or volunteer program.
Minimum of 12 dives
Price: POA (price on application). This course will be tailored to the individuals needs and will require a varying amount of dives and tuition time. Average price of c.$775.00
Contact us here about booking this course